ABL Membership - FAQ
Below you will find the questions most asked by prospective members.
What are the membership fees?
There is a one-time joining fee of EUR 2,000 and an annual membership fee of EUR 2,000.
What are the requirements to be a member?
Candidate member firms are carefully vetted in order to keep up with the first-class service our clients expect from us.
Eligible candidate law firms must meet the criteria below:
- Full service business firm in order to gain territorial exclusivity. Niche & specialist firms are eligible but might not be granted exclusivity
- Main commercial client focus should be on business organizations of all sizes and types but with particular emphasis on small & medium sized enterprises
- Actively represent clients with international interest
- Midsized for the respective jurisdiction and of high repute amongst peers
- Highest standards of work and professional ethics
- Commitment of firm’s principals to participate fully in ABL’s conferences and activities
- Preferably not a member of any similar competing network or alliance
- Appropriate language skills
Does ABL have any referral fees?
Yes, 5% of the net turnover generated by members from ABL referred work is contributed to the network.
Whom do I call if I have a problem with ABL or its lawyers?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org when you have questions or concerns about our association, member firms or other service related matters.
What types of clients are served through ABL?
ABL is dedicated to serving the legal needs of business organizations of all sizes and types but with particular emphasis on small & medium sized enterprises with substantial international interest.